UPDATE: The location has been changed! We are now meeting at a Qualcomm facility in Sorrento Valley. However, please note this event is not sponsored by Qualcomm. Qualcomm recruiters have not been scheduled to attend.
Join us on Tuesday, June 9th for the June STC Meeting! We have postponed our May meeting and will hold it on June 9th.
Job Networking Roundtable – June 9th
Our June 9th meeting will be a Job Networking Roundtable. We will have four tables, each covering a different aspect of your tech comm job search. Bring your questions, resume, LinkedIn profile, and business cards to prepare for an evening of networking, information gathering, and fun. Every 15 minutes we’ll switch tables, creating a rousing and informative evening!
Here are the tables we’ll have set up:
- Interviewing –Get your questions answered regarding your interview concerns. Get a list of items that can help you improve your interviews. Do you know:
- What the top 8 types of interview questions?
- What are the 10 most common interview questions?
- What are the best answers for situational interview questions?
- What’s the STAR method for asking tough interview questions?
- What are good questions for the interviewee to ask?
- Management – Learn what hiring manager look for when hiring technical communicators. How do they quickly decide whether they want to interview you? What’s really important to them? Is it your skills, your personality, or how you dress?
- Job Searching – Get advice on how to best perform your job search. Are there best places to post your resume? Is having a LinkedIn profile important? What are good search techniques for finding openings? Get your questions answered by people who’ve been there and successfully found a great job.
- Technical Recruiters – We will have at least one recruiter to answer your questions.
- LinkedIn Profile Reviews – Bring a printout of your LinkedIn Profile so we can give you feedback. Or we can review your LinkedIn profile online and provide you with a list of checked-off areas that you can improve.
- Resume Reviews – Bring a printed copy of your resume to submit for review. We will review it and send you comments within three weeks.
Bring your resumes, LinkedIn profile printouts, business cards, and questions! We’ll have fun, learn a lot, and make new connections. This is also a great networking opportunity!
Qualcomm Facilities in Sorrento Valley:
10555 Sorrento Valley Rd., San Diego, CA 92121
- When: Tuesday, June 9th
- Check In: 5:30-6:00 pm
- Dinner: 6:00-6:45 pm
- Presentation-only check-in: arrive by 6:45 pm
- Business Meeting: 6:45-7:00 pm
- Presentation: 7:00-8:30 pm