The May issue of Intercom, with a focus on the six contexts for approaching culture and communication and guest edited by Kirk St. Amant and Ann Wiley, has been posted to Intercom Online. STC members receive free online access to the award-winning Intercom with membership, and the articles are full of practical examples and applications of technical communication to promote your professional development.
- Developing Technologies for International Audiences and Cultures, by Benjamin Lauren
- Implications for Technical Communication in the Rise of International Open Source Software Use, by Clint Lanier
- User Experience Design for Immigrant Populations, by Filipp Sapienza
- Creating Personas for International Audiences, by Gustav Verhulsdonck
- Technical Communication Opportunities in China, by Han Yu and Melanie G. Flanders
- Training Technical Communication Students to Work with Translators, by Yvonne Cleary and Darina M. Slattery
The May issue also includes an interview with Summit 2016 closing keynote speaker David Beebe, an Ethics column about data and deadlines in group projects by Julie Grisham, a Student Perspectives column on writing for a North American audience by Amruta Ranade, and an Off Hours article by Alisa Bonsignore on her running hobby. In the Society Pages, find out about the list of exhibitors for the Summit, celebrate STC’s honorees and award winners, and learn about the CPTC Foundation Certification study guide.