There’s no better time to become an STC member in 2017!
Whether you’re just starting out as a professional or making a career change, membership in the Society for Technical Communication (STC) will provide you with the professional resources you need to enhance your value in the field.
Plus, if you join STC today as a Classic, New TC Professional, or Student member, you will save 10% off the cost of your membership. The discounted pricing will show up in your shopping cart automatically when you enroll.
When you join STC, you will receive the following resources:
- Professional networking. Network with other TC professionals through joining a chapter, or Special Interest Group (SIG).
- Discounted certification. Members save $245 on STC’s CPTC certification program. Being certified gives you the opportunity to stand out as a technical communication professional, helps you to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, and provides evidence of your abilities.
- Discounted professional development. Save money when registering for online courses and live webinars, and on our recorded webinar library.
- STC’s annual Summit. Registration is now open for STC’s annual conference (to be held 7-10 May in Washington, DC). Network with colleagues, visit our expo hall, and take advantage of all the educational offerings in our three day program!
- STC’s Mentor Board. Move up the professional ladder faster and avoid known career pitfalls. Establish a mentor/mentee relationship with seasoned STC members to help you advance in your career.
- Free Salary Database. This publication is only available for free to STC members. Join today to receive this valuable guide to help you learn where the jobs are, know the average salaries in the field, or help with managing payroll budgets.
- Free epublications. Members receive access to STC epublications, including Intercom magazine, Technical Communication journal, STC’s Notebook blog, and our bimonthly enewsletter, TechComm Today.
- STC’s Job Bank. Create a profile and build your search criteria, and new job postings will be emailed directly to you. Members can also post their résumé and access career resources to help build and manage your career.
- And more!