The #STC18 Technical Communication Summit is a wrap – what an awesome week! It took place in Orlando on May 20-23, 2018.
Incredibly, it was the 65th anniversary. This milestone illustrates the longevity of the STC organization. This year’s theme, Communicate the Future, exemplifies the forward-looking focus that we will all benefit from.
As current President of STC San Diego, it was a privilege to represent our community at this energizing event.
From our tribe
Learn about #STC18 experiences and takeaways from folks who were there.
- Opening keynote review by Larry Kunz – The linchpin of inspiration
- Summary by Bernard Aschwanden – STC Summit 2018 Orlando Recap
- Conference theme overview – Communicate the future at #STC18 and beyond
- Day-by-day summary by Kelly Smith – Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4
- Sketch note takeaways by Elizabeth Alley – How I Spent My STC Summit
- Unified content strategy by Larry Kunz – Carrying the earth on our shoulders
- Recap from Jake Campbell of Scriptorium – STC Summit 2018
- The Instructional Design & Learning SIG shared their first ever Facebook Live video from their annual meeting! IDL SIG Annual Business Meeting
- Catch parts of the #stc18 live stream on our STC San Diego YouTube channel!
Thank you to STC Florida for being outstanding hosts! Full of talented and young leaders, the 2018 host chapter is a community to engage with and learn from.
Congrats to the many well-deserved recipients of honors and awards this year:
- 2018 Class of STC Fellows and Associate Fellows
- Community Achievement Awards
- Platinum: Chicago Chapter, Philadelphia Chapter, Rochester Chapter, San Diego Chapter, Texas Tech University Student Chapter, Instruction Design and Learning SIG
- Gold: Canada West Coast Chapter, Carolina Chapter, India Chapter, Washington DC-Baltimore Chapter
- Silver: Northeast Ohio Chapter
- Pacesetter Awards
- Chicago Chapter, Northeast Ohio Chapter, Philadelphia Chapter, Rochester Chapter, San Diego Chapter, Southeast Michigan Chapter, Texas Tech University Student Chapter, Washington DC-Baltimore Chapter
- Most Improved community – Texas Tech University Student Chapter!
- Community of the year – Philadelphia Metro Chapter!
- Award recipients for contributions to teaching, research, Intercom magazine, and Technical Communication journal
Congrats to the 2018 STC Award recipients for their contributions to teaching and research plus the Intercom magazine and Technical Communication journal. @docbaehr @selber @StubbornlyWrite, Carolyn Boirarsky, Ann Shivers-McNair, Clarissa San Diego, Jessica McCaughey #techcomm pic.twitter.com/ptzzYX51yX
— Todd DeLuca (@TechCommTodd) May 25, 2018
2018 board members – some new and some returning, these folks are passionate about representing all of us as STC evolves. Reach out and get to know them – they’d love to hear from you!
- President – Jane Wilson
- Vice President – Ben Woelk
- Secretary – Kirsty Taylor
- Director – Alisa Bonsignore & Todd DeLuca
- Nominating Committee – Jackie Damrau & MaryKay Grueneberg
See you at the next one!
The next Summit will be May 5-8, 2019 in Denver, Colorado. I hope to see you there!