Welcome to STC San Diego! Meet the leadership council members and volunteers in San Diego who keep the chapter running.
Jack Molisani is the president of ProSpring Technical Staffing, an employment agency specializing in content professionals. He’s the author of Be The Captain of Your Career: A New Approach to Career Planning and Advancement, which hit #5 on Amazon’s Career and Resume Best Seller list. Jack also produces the LavaCon Content Strategy Conference, to be held virtually this October.
Tamara Harpster has worked in government contracting in software development, interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) development, and software administration for technical writer groups. She is currently a part owner of the small business VDL-5 Technologies. The company creates electronic technical manuals (ETMs), IETMs and training for U.S. military equipment ranging from oscilloscopes to military vehicles. In addition to administrative tasks, such as bookkeeping, she works as a technical lead for their documentation and training projects.
Secretary & Webmaster
Allyson Smith has been a technical communicator for more than 20 years and is a past San Diego STC chapter volunteer. She currently works as a senior technical writer for pSemi where she authors and edits technical documentation, website content, and marketing communications. She holds degrees in Management Information Systems and Accounting.
Beth Peisic is an experienced technical communicator who has been focusing on software documentation for the past 10 years. She has also served as a past San Diego STC chapter volunteer. She is currently a Senior Technical Writer developing documentation for Seismic, a Forbes Cloud 100 San Diego-based company that is the global leader in the sales enablement space. Beth has an undergraduate degree in History and an MBA in Finance.
We love our San Diego STC leadership council members and volunteers!
We are always looking for new leadership council members and volunteers to keep the chapter running. Help shape the future of STC San Diego!
STC membership is NOT required to volunteer, but membership is required to hold a position on the council.
For more information on how to become a volunteer, please see Become A Volunteer. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Council Member Positions
- Presides over monthly chapter meetings.
- Presides over monthly council meetings.
- Liaises between international STC and the local chapter.
- Supports and guides council members.
- Provides a vision to keep our organization relevant to our community.
- Manages payments collected for meetings and events.
- Deposits money into the bank checking account.
- Updates all chapter accounts each month.
- Receives and verifies the monthly bank statement.
- Pays periodic bills such as the website hosting company.
- Submits a balanced budget to the STC San Diego council.
- Prepares a fiscal year-end financial report to International STC.
- Compiles and distributes the agenda for the council meetings.
- Records council meeting minutes.
- Keeps the meetings on track.
- Maintains all non-financial records for the current year.
- Writes chapter correspondence not specifically assigned to another officer or committee manager.
- Adds, updates, and edits website content.
- Maintains, updates, and manages WordPress site.
- Works to improve website functionality, usability, and readability for STC San Diego community.