Welcome to STC San Diego! Meet the leadership council members and volunteers in San Diego who keep the chapter running.
Frank Jamison is an instructional laboratory technician at Mt. San Jacinto College, where he oversees the physics laboratory and assists students as they run their laboratory experiments. He previously worked as a software developer at Broadridge Financial Solutions to provide financial advisors with online tools for digital marketing purposes. Frank is a current doctoral student at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in the Ed.D. Educational Psychology and Technology program with plans to obtain a teaching credential at National University starting in July 2023. He holds degrees in Computer Science and in Information Technology with a concentration in Web Design. A U.S. Armed Forces veteran, Frank is also a member of several professional organizations including the Association for Educational Communications and Technology.
Secretary, Treasurer & Webmaster
Allyson Smith has been a technical communicator for more than 20 years and is a past San Diego STC chapter volunteer. She currently works as a senior technical writer for pSemi where she authors and edits technical documentation, website content, and marketing communications. She holds degrees in Management Information Systems and Accounting.
Beth Peisic is an experienced technical communicator who has been focusing on software documentation for the past 10 years. She has also served as a past San Diego STC chapter volunteer. She is currently a Senior Technical Writer developing documentation for Seismic, a Forbes Cloud 100 San Diego-based company that is the global leader in the sales enablement space. Beth has an undergraduate degree in History and an MBA in Finance.
We love our San Diego STC leadership council members and volunteers!
STC membership is NOT required to volunteer, but membership is required to hold a position on the council.
For more information on how to become a volunteer, please see Become A Volunteer. You can also email us at: email@example.com.
Leadership Council Member Positions
- Presides over monthly chapter meetings.
- Presides over monthly council meetings.
- Liaises between international STC and the local chapter.
- Supports and guides council members.
- Provides a vision to keep our organization relevant to our community.
- Manages payments collected for meetings and events.
- Deposits money into the bank checking account.
- Updates all chapter accounts each month.
- Receives and verifies the monthly bank statement.
- Pays periodic bills such as the website hosting company.
- Submits a balanced budget to the STC San Diego council.
- Prepares a fiscal year-end financial report to International STC.
- Compiles and distributes the agenda for the council meetings.
- Records council meeting minutes.
- Keeps the meetings on track.
- Maintains all non-financial records for the current year.
- Writes chapter correspondence not specifically assigned to another officer or committee manager.
- Adds, updates, and edits website content.
- Maintains, updates, and manages WordPress site.
- Works to improve website functionality, usability, and readability for STC San Diego community.