Welcome to STC San Diego! Meet the leadership council members and volunteers in San Diego that keep the chapter running.
Jack Molisani is the president of ProSpring Technical Staffing, an employment agency specializing in content professionals. He’s the author of Be The Captain of Your Career: A New Approach to Career Planning and Advancement, which hit #5 on Amazon’s Career and Resume Best Seller list. Jack also produces the LavaCon Content Strategy Conference, to be held virtually this October.
Walter Hanig has been privileged to serve the chapter in many roles, including President and VP, Employment. Professionally, he was a software designer, program manager, tech writer, documentation manager, and information architect. He’s been mostly retired since 2012 and enjoys Excel far more than most technical communicators.
Allyson Smith has been a technical communicator for more than 20 years and is a past San Diego STC chapter volunteer. She currently works as a senior technical writer for pSemi where she authors and edits technical documentation, website content, and marketing communications. She holds degrees in Management Information Systems and Accounting.
Neil Cuzon is a technical writer who currently serves as the Documentation Head for Mermaid JS—a widely adopted and award-winning GitHub Project. He is also involved in the publication of a technical software guide for Mermaid JS. Neil has a passion for constant learning and the transfer of information.
Rebecca Politzer is currently the Project Coordinator for the Technical Communications team at Illumina. She has experience authoring a range of written products including proposals, reports, instructions, and manuals. Rebecca recently finished an M.A. in Professional Writing from San Diego State University where she taught a section each of Rhetoric and Writing Studies 100 and 200.
We love our San Diego STC leadership council members and volunteers!
STC membership is NOT required to volunteer, but membership is required to hold a position on the council.
For more information on how to become a volunteer, please see Become A Volunteer. You can also email us at: email@example.com.
Leadership Council Member Positions
- Presides over monthly chapter meetings.
- Presides over monthly council meetings.
- Liaises between international STC and the local chapter.
- Supports and guides council members.
- Provides a vision to keep our organization relevant to our community.
- Manages payments collected for meetings and events.
- Deposits money into the bank checking account.
- Updates all chapter accounts each month.
- Receives and verifies the monthly bank statement.
- Pays periodic bills such as the website hosting company.
- Submits a balanced budget to the STC San Diego council.
- Prepares a fiscal year-end financial report to International STC.
- Compiles and distributes the agenda for the council meetings.
- Records council meeting minutes.
- Keeps the meetings on track.
- Maintains all non-financial records for the current year.
- Writes chapter correspondence not specifically assigned to another officer or committee manager.