Date(s) - 01/01/2016 - 02/01/2016
8:00 am - 7:59 am
The San Diego chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC San Diego) wants you to watch, learn, and share during January Webinar Mania.
At our advanced LinkedIn strategies workshop in October 2015, Marissa Marsala said to join LinkedIn groups and be an active participant. This is one of the best ways to (1) improve your chances of being found on LinkedIn by recruiters and potential clients, (2) meet new people, (3) grow your network, and (4) re-connect with friends and colleagues.
In response to Marissa’s call to action, STC San Diego will host our first-ever Webinar Mania event. Here’s how it works:
1. Watch a free, on-demand webinar any time between 12 AM, January 1, 2016, and 11:59 PM, January 31, 2016.
2. Discuss the webinar on STC San Diego’s LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1871038/profile.
When you start a new discussion on STC San Diego’s LinkedIn group about a webinar you watched, we will enter your name in a drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card. The winner will be announced at STC San Diego’s February 9 chapter meeting at Kilowatt Brewing.
Where Can You Watch Free, On-Demand Webinars?
There are lots of free, on-demand webinars available to anyone interested in technical communication. Here are some places where you can find them:
- Acrolinx: http://www.acrolinx.com/webinars/
- Adobe TechComm Central: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/category/events/webinars
- Bright Talk: https://www.brighttalk.com/search?q=documentation
- Content Marketing Institute: http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/events/webinars/
- DCL Learning Series: http://www.dclab.com/webinars/DCL-learning-webinar-series
- Information Mapping: http://www.informationmapping.com/en/resources/webinars
- Irrevo Knowledge Management: http://irrevo.com/webinar/
- JoAnn Hackos, Dita Writer: http://www.ditawriter.com/upcoming-free-dita-webinars-from-comtech-services-inc/
- Lynda.com is available for free to patrons of the Carlsbad Public Library: http://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/depts/library/services/research.asp
- MadCap Software: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/resources/recordedwebinars.aspx
- Marketing Sherpa: http://www.marketingsherpa.com/webinars
- Mekon Intelligent Content Solutions: http://www.mekon.com/index.php/pages/company/on-demand-events/events
- Scriptorium: http://www.scriptorium.com/events/
- Single Sourcing Solutions: http://single-sourcing.com/events/category/webinar/
- Society for Technical Communication (STC) has some free webinars available to members only: http://www.stc.org/education/online-education/recorded-seminars
- Training and Development: https://www.td.org/Digital-Resources/Webcasts/TD
What: January Webinar Mania
When: Friday, January 1 to Sunday, January 31, 2016
Step 1: Watch an online webinar of your choice
Step 2: Discuss the webinar on STC San Diego LinkedIn group
Enter Drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card