Date(s) - 06/01/2016 - 08/31/2016
12:00 am - 11:59 pm
The San Diego Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC San Diego) wants you to watch, learn, and share during Summer Webinar Mania.
At our advanced LinkedIn strategies workshop in October 2015, Marissa Marsala said to join LinkedIn groups and be an active participant. This is one of the best ways to (1) improve your chances of being found on LinkedIn by recruiters and potential clients, (2) meet new people, (3) grow your network, and (4) re-connect with friends and colleagues.
In response to Marissa’s call to action, STC San Diego will host our second Webinar Mania event. Here’s how it works:
- Watch a free, on-demand webinar any time between 12 AM, June 1, 2016, and 11:59 PM, August 31, 2016.
- Go to STC San Diego’s LinkedIn group (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1871038/profile).
- Start a discussion and include a link to the webinar you just watched. The discussion can be as simple as saying, “Hey, I watched this great webinar. You should too.”
When you start a new discussion about a webinar on STC San Diego’s LinkedIn group, we will enter your name in a drawing to win a first, second, or third prize.
- First prize: a $50 Amazon gift card, an STC mug, and a San Dollar (which allows you to attend one chapter meeting for free)
- Second prize: an STC mug and a San Dollar (which allows you to attend one chapter meeting for free)
- Third prize: a San Dollar (which allows you to attend one chapter meeting for free)
The more you watch, the more opportunities you will have to win a prize.
Winners will be announced in September at our Pub Social Night at Kilowatt Brewing.
Where Can You Watch Free, On-Demand Webinars?
There are lots of free, on-demand webinars available to anyone interested in technical communication. Here are some places where you can find them:
- Acrolinx: http://www.acrolinx.com/webinars/
- Adobe TechComm Central: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/category/events/webinars
- Aquent Gymnasium: https://www.thegymnasium.com
- Association of Talent Development: https://www.td.org/Digital-Resources/Webcasts/TD
- Bright Talk: https://www.brighttalk.com/search?q=documentation
- Content Marketing Institute: http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/events/webinars/
- DCL Learning Series: http://www.dclab.com/webinars/DCL-learning-webinar-series
- Information Mapping: http://www.informationmapping.com/en/resources/webinars
- Irrevo Knowledge Management: http://irrevo.com/webinar/
- JoAnn Hackos, Dita Writer: http://www.ditawriter.com/upcoming-free-dita-webinars-from-comtech-services-inc/
- Lynda.com is available for free to patrons of the Carlsbad Public Library: http://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/depts/library/services/research.asp
- MadCap Software: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/resources/recordedwebinars.aspx
- Marketing Sherpa: http://www.marketingsherpa.com/webinars
- Mekon Intelligent Content Solutions: http://www.mekon.com/index.php/pages/company/on-demand-events/events
- Scriptorium: http://www.scriptorium.com/events/
- Single Sourcing Solutions: http://single-sourcing.com/events/category/webinar/
- Society for Technical Communication (STC) has some free webinars available to members only: http://www.stc.org/education/online-education/recorded-seminars
What: Map Unavailable