Have an opening to share? Contact us with the details!
Note: Openings before 2018 have been deleted.
March 13, 2019
Technical Writer – Developer Experience
Twitch is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that enhances our internal developer experience and contributes to the overall success of our products. Most importantly, you should specialize in developer-focused documentation and other highly technical deliverables. You will closely collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and usability experts to create documentation and products that make developers more productive at Twitch. The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills and a passion for improving user experiences through intuitive products and robust documentation.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
- Foster a documentation-minded culture among engineering teams and provide technical edits and direction to contributors
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for Twitch products
- Organize and audit the documentation library to keep information relevant over time
- Help promote company-wide knowledge sharing practices
- Identify gaps in documentation and work with engineering teams to resolve them
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer or information developer
- 3+ years experience writing developer documentation
- Experience with the software development life cycle and Agile processes
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to read and understand code samples in a variety of languages
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field highly desirable
- Comfortable using the Mac Terminal
- UX writing and research experience
- Experience working with static site generators like Jekyll
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
March 3, 2019
Job Title:Learning and Performance Consultant
Posted as: eLearning Instructional Designer
Beckton Dickinson and Company
San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
Are you a bold, strategic, creative thinker who can devise clever, new approaches to eLearning solutions? Join our team as Learning and Performance Consultant (SLPC) to design and create innovative learning solutions, eLearning and training curriculum to enhance product education for our high-tech medication management solutions. We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer with advanced instructional design and eLearning authoring tool experience and knowledge leveraged to plan, design, create and maintain eLearning, technical training videos, instructor-led hardware/software training courses and technical documentation.
In addition to course creation and design, the LPC will function as a business partner to quickly and deeply understand performance needs and organizational constraints/requirements, and then determine, design, develop and deliver/implement the most effective and efficient learning solutions and services possible. The LPC creates curriculum including curriculum plans, eLearning, documentation and other training deliverables.
Relying on a depth of knowledge and experience in the field of performance improvement and instructional design, paired with the ability to understand highly-technical content, the LPC will propose, design, develop and deliver learning solutions and services that produce measureable positive results and/or increase revenue. The LPC will manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, matrixed and collaborative work environment and be accountable for overall team success by enhancing curriculum, providing status and documenting work/metrics.
The LPC is responsible for relationship management and is a fast learner with problem-solving acumen who strategizes and communicates with associates throughout the organization. The LPC also uses actionable data and evaluation methods for continuous improvement. This individual also embraces and employs agile, iterative development methodologies. The ability to leverage knowledge and experience related to customer service organizations and the medical device/healthcare industry is preferred.
Instructional Design and eLearning Development
- Designs, develops and delivers/implements innovative and creative learning solutions (web-based training, technical training videos, job aids, guides, etc.) utilizing a variety of methods and eLearning authoring tools (advanced Articulate Storyline experience is required).
- Coordinates and delivers learning sessions using multiple technologies such as self-paced eLearning modules, video sessions, blended learning and performance support materials.
- Proposes, designs, develops and delivers/implements a wide variety of performance solutions that range from industry standard to creative, new approaches.
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver eLearning and face-to-face or virtual instructor-led sessions using adult learning principles to enhance the learning experience.
Learning and Performance Consulting
- Assesses learning and performance needs to craft effective and efficient plans for performance solutions and services that address business-specific requirements and constraints.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of performance solutions against business needs; provides metrics summarizing effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- Effectively resolves issues or determines escalation is needed. Escalates using a solution-oriented approach.
- Leads, monitors and reports on the progress of projects, ensuring the accuracy of status reports and data related to team metrics.
- Manages complex learning-related initiatives as a business partner with internal and external customers focusing on product use, installation, support and service for multiple product lines. Also manages initiatives targeting organizational improvement for BD business units and customers. Creates detailed project plans for each program.
- Partners with Business leaders, R&D, Marketing, customers and Global Customer Service to build highly technical performance solutions (eLearning, video development, technical documentation and job aids, etc.) that produce measurable positive results and/or increased revenue. Responsible for the design, development, delivery/implementation and evaluation of those solutions and services.
- Leverages the principles of user experience and responsive design.
- Employs agile, iterative development methodologies.
- Flexes with business strategy changes and acts as a key contributor in a complex environment.
- Experience developing eLearning (web-based training modules), technical training videos (script writing, production and video editing), documentation, presentations and other training materials maintained in a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Advanced skills and experience with Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe eLearning Suite, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, WebEx and other learning authoring tools are required.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Education, Adult Learning, Communication, or related field required. Masters degree in Performance Improvement, Education Technology, Instructional Design, Education, Interactive Media or Learning Systems preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years experience in Instructional Design and Curriculum Management with an emphasis on eLearning and mobile learning strategy.
- Ability to independently develop complex learning solutions/deliverables based on knowledge of learning methodologies, cognitive science, user-centered design research, adult learning requirements, needs assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to provide performance solution design expertise to technical/operational experts in the development of technical/operational training programs.
- Can quickly learn new products, applications and systems.
- Industry experience with customer support organizations and/or medical devices, HIT, product implementation and support in a global environment preferred.
- Demonstrated successful project management and experience and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver learning and performance solutions and services for a wide range of audiences and cultures.
- Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, strong people and process/project management capability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile, iterative development methodologies.
- Outstanding communicator; an individual who possesses superior written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Attention to detail while managing several complex deliverables across multiple groups, cultures and time zones.
- Ability to collect and analyze data as actionable input to continuous improvement.
- Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to complexity and change.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Team player with superior people skills and a positive attitude.
- Able to make and communicate the results of tough decisions.
- Maintains a knowledge of and applies the latest relevant research and methodologies in related fields of study.
- May lead teams or team projects.
- Travel: 5-15%
Primary Work Location USA CA – San Diego
February 7, 2019
Technical Writer 3
Design and implement work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, and departmental SOPs as required. Contribute to work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, style guides/templates, and department SOPs.
Develop, design, and control instructional and informational tools needed to assure safe, appropriate, and effective use of science and technology, intellectual property, and manufactured products and services. Combine multimedia knowledge and strong communication skills with technical expertise to educate across the entire spectrum of users’ abilities, technical experience, and visual and auditory capabilities.
Act as Document Owner for documentation Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and route documents through the document change control process. Support other Document Owners by documenting changes, including all necessary supporting justifications for changes and compiling accurate and complete documentation packages. Contribute to work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, style guides/templates, and department SOPs. With direction, work closely with other technical writers and stakeholders to develop and produce documents. Assist in the development and revision of documents, following established style and format guidelines. Proofread and review documents.
Attend project/core team meetings as required.
Create new documentation (Package inserts and/or operator manuals) and improve existing documentation.
Initiate, edit, review and approve document changes.
Revise existing documentation by working with stakeholders, partners, or distributors to facilitate revision, review, and approval of documentation.
Identify and implement document changes to maintain consistency across productlines/processes.
Lead collaborative review sessions.
Coordinate the collaborative review process and establish review and edit cycles.
Assist core team members and project team leads in the developing documentation timelines and deliverables.
Coordinate the transition of documentation through development, pilot and production phases as appropriate.
For ERs/CAPAs, conduct investigations, provide solutions, implement changes, and write technical reports as required.
Through Technical Training, maintain and expand knowledge of manufacturing processes, assays, instrumentation, and software as it applies to documentation.
Manage multiple documentation projects at a time.
Prioritize deliverables and manage “expedites”.
Coordinate final production of documents with print vendors as required.
Information Design and Development: work with translation vendors in managing translation development and procurement process.
Quality Control: As required, assign document change responsibilities and provide training and assistance to EDMS users.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Project & Time Management Skills
- Intermediate Technical Writing Theory & Practices
- Design Theory
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Communication Skills, Detail Orientation, Organizational Skills, Learning, Teamwork
- Advanced proficiency in FrameMaker and Word.
- Proficiency in Madcap Flare is a plus.
Typically requires BA or BS.
- 5-8 years related experience.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.
February 1, 2019
Technical Writer at PatientClick, Inc
(Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, $15-22/hour)
The Technical Writer will be responsible for writing the online help and user documentation for our products. This position requires strong technical writing skills and the ability to think like both a developer and an end user.
As a member of the team, you will interface with developers, QA teams, and sales managers to identify critical documentation needs and create engaging, accurate content. The technical writer’s responsibilities range from editing UI text to writing reference docs to creating in-depth tutorials. Depending on the candidate’s interests and qualifications, the job may include training program creation, product development specifications, and tutorial video work.
- Write well-tested, task-based end user documentation such as reference articles, getting started guides, and feature tutorials.
- Write and edit UI text and context-sensitive help within the software.
- Work with the engineering and QA teams to test and document new features.
- Provide UX feedback during the development cycle. Serve on Development Teams and write specifications for new features.
- Create internal resources about features or processes.
- Edit documents for accuracy and style and ensure all publication standards are met by following established procedures.
- Effectively manage your time across several projects and tasks.
- Additional duties as assigned. .
- 4-year college degree, science, engineering, math, or writing degrees preferred. Or, significant work experience in software technical writing.
- Minimum 2 years of full time work experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and/or wiki syntax.
- Familiarity with Video recording tools such as Camtesia or similar product to create training video
- Familiarity with Technical Writing techniques
- Must be able to write for a diverse user base with varying levels of technical experience.
- A logical, problem-solving mind.
- Excellent procedural analysis; ability to create concise, task-based user documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to rapidly learn a complex and wide-ranging program.
How to Apply
- Please put your name and “Technical Writer from STC-San Diego” in the subject line.
- Please answer following questions in the email.
- How many years of Technical Writing experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in San Diego, CA?
- Send with your resume to Sachi McDonald, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
January 24, 2019
Sr. Technical Writer at Marqeta
Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and ecommerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry – it’s very exciting around here these days. As a testament to the company we’ve collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work. So take a look at our current career opportunities, introduce yourself and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team – we adore meeting top talent!
If you are a skilled communicator with a passion for making complex topics more approachable, we’re looking for you! As a Senior Technical Writer on the Information Development team, you will partner with teams across Marqeta to develop technical user guides, references, and application user assistance for business users and developers on the Marqeta platform. You’ll also work with team members to establish style guidelines and recommend usability improvements that enhance the overall experience of our website and technical resources. Join our innovative, collaborative team, and help us define the next generation of technical documentation at Marqeta.
- Write clear, concise, and informative documentation to educate customers, partners, and prospects on Marqeta’s features and functionality.
- Evaluate documentation tasks, analyze audience needs, and draft updates to customer-facing documentation.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other team members to collect source information, obtain technical reviews, and test functionality, as necessary.
- Participate in team initiatives to establish style and process guidelines, provide input into tool and usability decisions, and contribute occasionally to internal documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, computer science, English, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Ability to write effective technical content for business and developer audiences. Familiarity with API documentation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with various authoring, CMS, and task management tools. Confluence and JIRA preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, learn new skills quickly, and balance multiple projects.
- Knowledge of technical writing standards and familiarity with common style guides.
- Experience in Fintech, Banking, or Payments preferred.
- Be a member of an exceptional team – we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans – Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings – 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!
To apply for this position:
and fill out the application form below the description.
January 10, 2019
Job Title: Proposal Manager
San Diego, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
The State and Local Government Organization of Perspecta is seeking a Proposal Manager in San Diego, California.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team delivering IT enterprise solutions projects to the County of San Diego across multiple departments and business groups.
The person in this role will support the CoSD Program Management Office as well as business development with preparing and presenting estimates for various IT projects for the County of San Diego.
A Proposal Manager’s core duty is to ensure that the all of the company’s proposals are fully executed from start to finish.
- Coordinating the proposal process, preparing the actual proposals and presenting them to clients.?
- Work on tight deadlines, and have to delegate tasks required to complete a proposal, such as writing, editing and other efforts associated with the process.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals
- Must demonstrate superior critical thinking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- Apply all of the skills listed to support the requirements of the PMO organization of the CoSD account. This includes managing workload, communicating status, responding appropriately to ad hoc requests for services and information related to project activities, applying formal project management discipline.
- Project management experience
- Ability to create and review project requirements to allow timely, high-quality delivery
- Experience developing project plans
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ability to estimate resources needed to achieve implementation success and ongoing support goals
- Experience providing performance feedback
- Experience obtaining task status
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven IT technical background and ability to understand complex IT solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a time critical
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals
October 19, 2018
Sr. Technical Writer
TAD PGS, INC. is currently seeking a Technical Writer for our client, SAIC, in San Diego, CA.
**Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance https://news.clearancejobs.com/2016/06/12/obtain-security-clearance/
**Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Contact: Si Nguyen, Engineering Recruiter, 657-230-3967
Summary: The main function of a technical writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office products, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- demonstrated experience with Navy test plans, Operational Risk Management (ORM), and other planning documents.
- Have experience writing at-sea test plans and procedures.
- Have at least 5 years program support experience with program technical documents, program processes, and configuration.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Have experience with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Have experience with Photoshop, Framemaker, Adobe PRO and other graphics programs.
- Have a current DoD “Secret” security clearance or ability to gain one.
October 16, 2018
Senior Technical Writer
The primary function of this position is to design, write, and update online help, user and service documentation, and support web pages for our sequencing solutions portfolio. You will work alongside Research & Development, Customer Solutions, and Marketing.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you are a highly productive writer and a quick learner. You have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information enable you to pick up and apply new technologies, science, and standards rapidly and well.
You are dedicated to adding value, and understand the connection between product content, customer experience, and business success. Being part of a hard-working team that aspires to be the best in the industry engages your enthusiasm and commitment. You seek out opportunities to improve tools, deliverables, and processes, and show good judgment about when and how to drive change. Global thinking, consideration of downstream implications, and attention to sustainable infrastructure are part of your normal approach.
- Work with Research & Development, Customer Solutions, and Marketing to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, physicians, and patients.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, observing users, and consulting with technical support.
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Release finished documentation to Document Control, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern standards for technical writing, online help, content technology, and user experience. Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards. Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
- Propose technical improvements to authoring tools and work with technical leads to evaluate and implement.
- Initiate and drive projects to improve customer experience, efficiency, and sensible cost avoidance. Support similar initiatives driven by others on the team.
- Five to eight years of experience as a technical writer, preferably in industry (software, hardware, biotech).
- This position relies on effective engagement with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information. Over time, your knowledge of the interdependencies between products enables you to see opportunities that others have missed.
- The job requires strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our technical writers independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while also functioning as collaborative team members. Influencing across boundaries, finding win-win solutions, and responding to obstacles creatively and resourcefully are key characteristics.
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of technical writing, content management, and reuse is essential.
- Expert in MadCap Flare (or similar), Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt (or similar), Microsoft Office, and web authoring tools and languages. Knowledge of localization management, Adobe Experience Manager, Confluence, and scripting languages is a plus.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Scientific knowledge is a plus.
- A degree in the life sciences is not necessary, but it is necessary to learn how to use the products, understand the science at a moderate level, and write appropriately for multiple audience levels.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
August 1, 2018
Independent Software Consultant Needed
An independent consultant is needed to make an initial analysis to help a San Diego company determine which authoring/publishing tool is the best for its needs. At the present time the company is using FrameMaker v11. The company is considering MadCap Flare or another tool that might better meet its needs. Interested persons can send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 1, 2018
Technical Writer (ideally with a mortgage or banking background)
Position Summary and Overview:
- Provides leadership in ensuring perspective policies and procedures are properly vetted, documented and approved in accordance with the change management procedures
- Acts as liaison between Consumer Lending leadership and key business units. providing instruction and direction regarding changes to systems
- Administers and provides oversight and direction in administration of on line policy and procedure manuals and training
- Manages workflows and processes change notifications.
- Participates in cross functional project teams in support of business unit initiatives.
- Responsible for policy and process change oversight through an administration and governance process.
- Responsible for the comprehensive review and documentation of policy, process and procedure proposals within established framework.
- Manage the feedback from other operational teams for completing business case development for successful implementation including training for Operations processes.
- Manage resources to ensure completeness and timeliness of all required materials for submission to the appropriate policy, process and procedure SharePoint sites.
- Provide written summary of division policy, process and procedure changes to applicable business lines as well as support summary of policy related changes to the appropriate Committees.
- Provide interpretation guidance and recommendations related to published policies, process and procedures for Consumer Lending departments.
- Support and coordinate distribution of applicable policies, process and procedures obtain approval from compliance and/or legal as appropriate.
- Responsible for driving change management, implementation and training of ongoing policy, process and procedure enhancements.
- Maintain chronology of policy. process and procedure changes and ensure proper change control procedures are followed.
- Oversee the timely update and distribution of all new or revised policy, process and procedures via the online manuals relative to consumer and residential loan products.
Talent Manager – Technology
April 18, 2018
Contract Technical Writer (3-4 month contract, Vista)
Position Summary and Overview
Leica Biosystems in Vista, California is hiring an experienced Contract Technical Writer to support our Digital Pathology products. The expected duration is 3 to 4 months. Primary responsibility: work with Technical Publications team to author end-user manuals and help for upcoming hardware and software releases.
- Work with cross functional teams (Product Management & Development/Engineering) to define documentation requirements for each project.
- Analyze/use products and work with Subject Matter Experts, taking hands on approach to learning material required for publication.
- Author and Review/Update user manuals, help, and technical documentation for existing and new software and hardware projects.
- Follow established department standards for templates and style guidelines.
- Test documentation deliverables against product functionality.
- Minimum 5 years experience creating technical user manuals and online help.
- Experience in documentation of all stages of software application development, including specifications, use case, construction, and documentation of web-based applications.
- Experience documenting medical or consumer devices and related software.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign to author, edit, and publish user guides.
- Experience using RoboHelp to create online help.
- Experience using MadCap Flare to create single-source documents and help.
- Ability to use some graphics tools such as Snag-it and Adobe Photoshop for creation or maintenance of graphics.
- Proven communication skills with development and project teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be self-sufficient; able to work independently.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
February 20, 2018
Product Documentation Planner/Writer/Editor (3 month contract, Kearny Mesa, $25–$30/hr)
This person will coordinate and develop a software product documentation structure/classifying the product documentation across 6-7 product lines.
- Work with stakeholders to understand what documentation exists and what needs to be centralized.
- Must have enterprise software product familiarization – understanding the differences between white papers, API design, Reference design, documentation designs.
- Performs planning duties at all levels of complexity to coordinate software product documentation.
- Assists in coordinating and developing major new enterprise software product documentation, ensuring that documents are prepared on schedule and in accordance with requests for proposals from potential government and non-government customers.
- Assists in preparation of responses to requests for information and product line descriptions.
- Works closely with engineering and other organizations to accomplish tasks.
- Performs tasks following established quality standards and procedures.
- This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs desktop publishing duties to support development of technical and commercial documents assuring conformance to standards, accuracy and completeness
- Converts documents provided by customers in various software formats
- Proofreads original input and corrects errors before distributing to proposal team for review
- Plans details of spacing and layout for importing and placement of artwork, working with established procedures and formats
- Interfaces with technical writing, editing, graphics, proposal, engineering and other organizations to accomplish required tasks in time allotted
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of documents ensuring to ensure they completed in a timely manner and are in accordance with documentation requirements and quality standards
- Assists in compiling information requirements from all participating departments
- Participates in reviewing and editing of documents
- Maintains productive relationships with business areas and associated engineering personnel to ensure efficient document development efforts
- Coordinates with the Corporate Reproduction department in support of preparation and production activities
- Coordinates the creation of proposal covers and spines with the Graphic Artist
- Serves as ISO Quality Record coordinator and participates in ISO 9001 quality audits
- Manages archiving of hard copy and electronic files
- Performs special projects as required
Minimum Job Requirements
- Four year degree, plus four years of product documentation, desktop publishing / word processing experience in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with applicable desktop publishing/graphic arts software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have excellent writing, organizational, and analyzing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and work extended hours required to meet schedules.
- Must be able to work well under critical deadlines.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
February 15, 2018
Instructional Designer, 92108, Rose IT
Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards. Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success. Coaches peers. Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement. Experience Level: 3-6 Years. Skill Set: Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience. Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development. Technical Writing. Oral and Written Communication. Teamwork and Collaboration. Must have experience in web-based training, storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design. Must have excellent technical writing skills (however, not in lieu of training development skills)
Top Daily Responsibilities
- Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards.
- Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement
- Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success.
- Coaches peers.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have
- Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience
- Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development
- Technical Writing
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Oral and Written Communication
- Web-based training
- Storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design
February 13, 2018
Contract (6 months) Kearny Mesa (potential hire)
- 5+ years technical writing
- Electronics and connectivity background
- Experience with writing technical manuals and implementation directions
- RF Products
Insight Global is looking for a Technical Writer for a project in Kearny Mesa. This role will be largely focused in creating user manuals and guides for various different software and hardware products. This company designs and supports products for a variety of outside clients and specializes in the IoT market. This candidate would be expected to be relatively technical. Someone coming from a radio frequency candidate would be the ideal candidate, but this is not a requirement. If this sounds like you, please apply!!
February 1, 2018
Contract (6 months) Rancho Bernardo
Looking for writers with flight, aviation experience, particularly with unmanned aerial vehicles. Salary Range will be an hourly rate of $25-$35.
Meme Ealy (email@example.com)