Have an opening to share? Contact us with the details!
Note: Openings before 2018 have been deleted.
June 1, 2018
Technical Writer (ideally with a mortgage or banking background)
Position Summary and Overview:
- Provides leadership in ensuring perspective policies and procedures are properly vetted, documented and approved in accordance with the change management procedures
- Acts as liaison between Consumer Lending leadership and key business units. providing instruction and direction regarding changes to systems
- Administers and provides oversight and direction in administration of on line policy and procedure manuals and training
- Manages workflows and processes change notifications.
- Participates in cross functional project teams in support of business unit initiatives.
- Responsible for policy and process change oversight through an administration and governance process.
- Responsible for the comprehensive review and documentation of policy, process and procedure proposals within established framework.
- Manage the feedback from other operational teams for completing business case development for successful implementation including training for Operations processes.
- Manage resources to ensure completeness and timeliness of all required materials for submission to the appropriate policy, process and procedure SharePoint sites.
- Provide written summary of division policy, process and procedure changes to applicable business lines as well as support summary of policy related changes to the appropriate Committees.
- Provide interpretation guidance and recommendations related to published policies, process and procedures for Consumer Lending departments.
- Support and coordinate distribution of applicable policies, process and procedures obtain approval from compliance and/or legal as appropriate.
- Responsible for driving change management, implementation and training of ongoing policy, process and procedure enhancements.
- Maintain chronology of policy. process and procedure changes and ensure proper change control procedures are followed.
- Oversee the timely update and distribution of all new or revised policy, process and procedures via the online manuals relative to consumer and residential loan products.
Talent Manager – Technology
April 18, 2018
Contract Technical Writer (3-4 month contract, Vista)
Position Summary and Overview
Leica Biosystems in Vista, California is hiring an experienced Contract Technical Writer to support our Digital Pathology products. The expected duration is 3 to 4 months. Primary responsibility: work with Technical Publications team to author end-user manuals and help for upcoming hardware and software releases.
- Work with cross functional teams (Product Management & Development/Engineering) to define documentation requirements for each project.
- Analyze/use products and work with Subject Matter Experts, taking hands on approach to learning material required for publication.
- Author and Review/Update user manuals, help, and technical documentation for existing and new software and hardware projects.
- Follow established department standards for templates and style guidelines.
- Test documentation deliverables against product functionality.
- Minimum 5 years experience creating technical user manuals and online help.
- Experience in documentation of all stages of software application development, including specifications, use case, construction, and documentation of web-based applications.
- Experience documenting medical or consumer devices and related software.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign to author, edit, and publish user guides.
- Experience using RoboHelp to create online help.
- Experience using MadCap Flare to create single-source documents and help.
- Ability to use some graphics tools such as Snag-it and Adobe Photoshop for creation or maintenance of graphics.
- Proven communication skills with development and project teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be self-sufficient; able to work independently.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
February 20, 2018
Product Documentation Planner/Writer/Editor (3 month contract, Kearny Mesa, $25–$30/hr)
This person will coordinate and develop a software product documentation structure/classifying the product documentation across 6-7 product lines.
- Work with stakeholders to understand what documentation exists and what needs to be centralized.
- Must have enterprise software product familiarization – understanding the differences between white papers, API design, Reference design, documentation designs.
- Performs planning duties at all levels of complexity to coordinate software product documentation.
- Assists in coordinating and developing major new enterprise software product documentation, ensuring that documents are prepared on schedule and in accordance with requests for proposals from potential government and non-government customers.
- Assists in preparation of responses to requests for information and product line descriptions.
- Works closely with engineering and other organizations to accomplish tasks.
- Performs tasks following established quality standards and procedures.
- This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs desktop publishing duties to support development of technical and commercial documents assuring conformance to standards, accuracy and completeness
- Converts documents provided by customers in various software formats
- Proofreads original input and corrects errors before distributing to proposal team for review
- Plans details of spacing and layout for importing and placement of artwork, working with established procedures and formats
- Interfaces with technical writing, editing, graphics, proposal, engineering and other organizations to accomplish required tasks in time allotted
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of documents ensuring to ensure they completed in a timely manner and are in accordance with documentation requirements and quality standards
- Assists in compiling information requirements from all participating departments
- Participates in reviewing and editing of documents
- Maintains productive relationships with business areas and associated engineering personnel to ensure efficient document development efforts
- Coordinates with the Corporate Reproduction department in support of preparation and production activities
- Coordinates the creation of proposal covers and spines with the Graphic Artist
- Serves as ISO Quality Record coordinator and participates in ISO 9001 quality audits
- Manages archiving of hard copy and electronic files
- Performs special projects as required
Minimum Job Requirements
- Four year degree, plus four years of product documentation, desktop publishing / word processing experience in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with applicable desktop publishing/graphic arts software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have excellent writing, organizational, and analyzing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and work extended hours required to meet schedules.
- Must be able to work well under critical deadlines.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
February 15, 2018
Instructional Designer, 92108, Rose IT
Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards. Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success. Coaches peers. Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement. Experience Level: 3-6 Years. Skill Set: Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience. Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development. Technical Writing. Oral and Written Communication. Teamwork and Collaboration. Must have experience in web-based training, storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design. Must have excellent technical writing skills (however, not in lieu of training development skills)
Top Daily Responsibilities
- Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards.
- Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement
- Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success.
- Coaches peers.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have
- Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience
- Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development
- Technical Writing
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Oral and Written Communication
- Web-based training
- Storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design
February 13, 2018
Contract (6 months) Kearny Mesa (potential hire)
- 5+ years technical writing
- Electronics and connectivity background
- Experience with writing technical manuals and implementation directions
- RF Products
Insight Global is looking for a Technical Writer for a project in Kearny Mesa. This role will be largely focused in creating user manuals and guides for various different software and hardware products. This company designs and supports products for a variety of outside clients and specializes in the IoT market. This candidate would be expected to be relatively technical. Someone coming from a radio frequency candidate would be the ideal candidate, but this is not a requirement. If this sounds like you, please apply!!
February 1, 2018
Contract (6 months) Rancho Bernardo
Looking for writers with flight, aviation experience, particularly with unmanned aerial vehicles. Salary Range will be an hourly rate of $25-$35.
Meme Ealy (email@example.com)