Have an opening to share? Contact us with the details!
Note: Openings before 2019 have been deleted.
April 29, 2019
San Diego, CA, 92122
12 month contract (possibly going permanent)
$38.23/hour on w2 hourly basis
ob id: 9063766
- Edit customer and internal user documentation for clarity, consistency, and adherence to our standards and style guides.
- Plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, physicians, and patients.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Release finished documentation to Document Control, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern standards for technical writing, online help, content technology, and user experience
- Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
- Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
- Five to eight years of experience as a technical writer, preferably in industry (software, hardware, biotech).
- Ability to effectively engage with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information.
- Strong organizational skills, and excellent time and project management.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our technical writers independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while also functioning as collaborative team members.
- Influencing across boundaries, finding win-win solutions, and responding to obstacles creatively and resourcefully are key characteristics.
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of technical writing, content management, and reuse.
- Expert in MadCap Flare (or similar), Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt (or similar), Microsoft Office, and web authoring tools and languages.
- Knowledge of localization management, Adobe Experience Manager, Confluence, and scripting languages is a plus.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
Bachelor’s degree required. Scientific knowledge is a plus.
- Technical documentation
- Writing English
- Managing projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical editing
Minimum Degree Required:
Senior Technical Recruiter
Enterprise Solution Inc.
2855 Kifer Road Suite 102|Santa Clara|CA|95051
April 11, 2019
Position: – Technical Writer
Location: – San Diego, CA
Duration: – 7+ Months (With Possible Extension OR Conversion)
To apply to this job, send your resume or contact directly:
Under the guidance project team members, the Technical Writer duties include management and creation of required business and system documents in adherence to appropriate standards during business or technical writing processes and projects.
These documents could include procedures, user manuals, system operation, and recovery instructions, project proposals, newsletters, presentations, and system design documents.
Duties also include participation in system design sessions; proofreading and editing of prepared documents; research, assimilation, interpretation, formatting and publishing of information on new tools, systems and materials; the ability to use ingenuity and creative thinking during the preparation of needed documents in an organized, consistent, professional manner; while remaining current in system development methodologies and while remaining compliant with regulations concerning the development of systems and system documents.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required.
• Experience Adobe Robohelp HIGHLY preferred.
• Experience reviewing and comparing data/policies/processes to identify inconsistencies.
• Experience analyzing and summarizing complex information; experience thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple elements.
• Team player with strong inter-personal and communications skills; strong team building skills and experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities; ability to draft and revise documents, including policies, standards, analyses, and reports.
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
• Project management skills; ability to work within project teams and towards established timelines.
• Highly motivated and directed.
• Minimum three (3) years of health care operations (quality, risk, etc.), health care compliance, or insurance/health plan governance experience preferred. • Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism preferred.
• Certification in technical writing, professional procedure writing, or related area preferred.
• Working knowledge or understanding of federal, state, and local health care regulations (e.g., HIPAA); health care compliance policies, practices, and systems; and related compliance issues preferred. Description: Write and edit procedures and supporting documentation for print and online media. Write and edit technical staff documentation in a clear and concise style. Make editorial and aesthetic improvements to documents.
• Speak and write clearly so that others can understand you, including technical and non-technical personnel across multiple departments; describe complex processes clearly and concisely.
• Organize material in accordance with standardized format and style guidelines.
• Recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content as needed.
• Demonstrate superior attention to detail in ensuring that final documents are usable and of high quality and in compliance with P&P governance process.
• Interact closely with subject matter experts.
• Proactively inform management about project status, issues, or concerns.
• Maintain thorough records of work and revisions; contribute to department logs and databases with care and diligence.
|Connect with us on – LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter|
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Women-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us!
March 18, 2019
Position is through a Technical Recruiter at Apex Systems, San Diego.
6 month contract (possible extension) paying $24-26/hr.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under minimum supervision of the Director, this position is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance Department with Technical Writing and Document Control activities to ensure compliance to Quality System Regulations and standards such as; FDA regulations and ISO standards.
Write, rewrite, edit, proofread and format Quality System documents in accordance with established guidelines for consistency
Support the department in implementing and maintaining a compliant Quality System per FDA and ISO requirements
Process document change requests and coordinating the approval of SOPs, Work Instructions and Forms
Provide support for the transition to new QMS / implementation of the Agile PLM system
Perform Document Control activities such as, but not limited to, document review and approval, data entry, filing, maintaining logs, processing documents, scanning documents, checking out and checking in documents and generating process trends
As required, assign document identifiers to Quality and Manufacturing document types (e.g; SOP, WI, Validation studies) and provide assistance in creating such documents in ensur
Assist Management with supporting functions relating to the training program (data entry, filing training forms, creation of training files).
Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Must be self-directed, adept at juggling multiple projects and comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
Must have an eye for detail and an aptitude for learning new systems
Solutions oriented with experience in improving low to moderate complexity level processes and documentation
Must be proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, data reporting, trending and analysis
Must be comfortable serving as and switching in between an individual contributor and leader role to meet business needs
Must have experience as a project coordinator or support
Proficiency in PLM systems such as Agile PLM is a plus
Knowledge of Medical Device regulations and associated standards, e.g. QSR’s, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 is a plus.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
Cathleen Crouch | Technical Recruiter | Apex Systems
March 13, 2019
Technical Writer – Developer Experience
Twitch is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that enhances our internal developer experience and contributes to the overall success of our products. Most importantly, you should specialize in developer-focused documentation and other highly technical deliverables. You will closely collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and usability experts to create documentation and products that make developers more productive at Twitch. The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills and a passion for improving user experiences through intuitive products and robust documentation.
- Drive documentation planning with engineering teams
- Foster a documentation-minded culture among engineering teams and provide technical edits and direction to contributors
- Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for Twitch products
- Organize and audit the documentation library to keep information relevant over time
- Help promote company-wide knowledge sharing practices
- Identify gaps in documentation and work with engineering teams to resolve them
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer or information developer
- 3+ years experience writing developer documentation
- Experience with the software development life cycle and Agile processes
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to read and understand code samples in a variety of languages
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field highly desirable
- Comfortable using the Mac Terminal
- UX writing and research experience
- Experience working with static site generators like Jekyll
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
March 3, 2019
Job Title:Learning and Performance Consultant
Posted as: eLearning Instructional Designer
Beckton Dickinson and Company
San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA
Are you a bold, strategic, creative thinker who can devise clever, new approaches to eLearning solutions? Join our team as Learning and Performance Consultant (SLPC) to design and create innovative learning solutions, eLearning and training curriculum to enhance product education for our high-tech medication management solutions. We are looking for an experienced Instructional Designer with advanced instructional design and eLearning authoring tool experience and knowledge leveraged to plan, design, create and maintain eLearning, technical training videos, instructor-led hardware/software training courses and technical documentation.
In addition to course creation and design, the LPC will function as a business partner to quickly and deeply understand performance needs and organizational constraints/requirements, and then determine, design, develop and deliver/implement the most effective and efficient learning solutions and services possible. The LPC creates curriculum including curriculum plans, eLearning, documentation and other training deliverables.
Relying on a depth of knowledge and experience in the field of performance improvement and instructional design, paired with the ability to understand highly-technical content, the LPC will propose, design, develop and deliver learning solutions and services that produce measureable positive results and/or increase revenue. The LPC will manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, matrixed and collaborative work environment and be accountable for overall team success by enhancing curriculum, providing status and documenting work/metrics.
The LPC is responsible for relationship management and is a fast learner with problem-solving acumen who strategizes and communicates with associates throughout the organization. The LPC also uses actionable data and evaluation methods for continuous improvement. This individual also embraces and employs agile, iterative development methodologies. The ability to leverage knowledge and experience related to customer service organizations and the medical device/healthcare industry is preferred.
Instructional Design and eLearning Development
- Designs, develops and delivers/implements innovative and creative learning solutions (web-based training, technical training videos, job aids, guides, etc.) utilizing a variety of methods and eLearning authoring tools (advanced Articulate Storyline experience is required).
- Coordinates and delivers learning sessions using multiple technologies such as self-paced eLearning modules, video sessions, blended learning and performance support materials.
- Proposes, designs, develops and delivers/implements a wide variety of performance solutions that range from industry standard to creative, new approaches.
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver eLearning and face-to-face or virtual instructor-led sessions using adult learning principles to enhance the learning experience.
Learning and Performance Consulting
- Assesses learning and performance needs to craft effective and efficient plans for performance solutions and services that address business-specific requirements and constraints.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of performance solutions against business needs; provides metrics summarizing effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- Effectively resolves issues or determines escalation is needed. Escalates using a solution-oriented approach.
- Leads, monitors and reports on the progress of projects, ensuring the accuracy of status reports and data related to team metrics.
- Manages complex learning-related initiatives as a business partner with internal and external customers focusing on product use, installation, support and service for multiple product lines. Also manages initiatives targeting organizational improvement for BD business units and customers. Creates detailed project plans for each program.
- Partners with Business leaders, R&D, Marketing, customers and Global Customer Service to build highly technical performance solutions (eLearning, video development, technical documentation and job aids, etc.) that produce measurable positive results and/or increased revenue. Responsible for the design, development, delivery/implementation and evaluation of those solutions and services.
- Leverages the principles of user experience and responsive design.
- Employs agile, iterative development methodologies.
- Flexes with business strategy changes and acts as a key contributor in a complex environment.
- Experience developing eLearning (web-based training modules), technical training videos (script writing, production and video editing), documentation, presentations and other training materials maintained in a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Advanced skills and experience with Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe eLearning Suite, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, WebEx and other learning authoring tools are required.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Education, Adult Learning, Communication, or related field required. Masters degree in Performance Improvement, Education Technology, Instructional Design, Education, Interactive Media or Learning Systems preferred.
- Experience: 2-4 years experience in Instructional Design and Curriculum Management with an emphasis on eLearning and mobile learning strategy.
- Ability to independently develop complex learning solutions/deliverables based on knowledge of learning methodologies, cognitive science, user-centered design research, adult learning requirements, needs assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to provide performance solution design expertise to technical/operational experts in the development of technical/operational training programs.
- Can quickly learn new products, applications and systems.
- Industry experience with customer support organizations and/or medical devices, HIT, product implementation and support in a global environment preferred.
- Demonstrated successful project management and experience and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver learning and performance solutions and services for a wide range of audiences and cultures.
- Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, strong people and process/project management capability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile, iterative development methodologies.
- Outstanding communicator; an individual who possesses superior written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Attention to detail while managing several complex deliverables across multiple groups, cultures and time zones.
- Ability to collect and analyze data as actionable input to continuous improvement.
- Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to complexity and change.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Team player with superior people skills and a positive attitude.
- Able to make and communicate the results of tough decisions.
- Maintains a knowledge of and applies the latest relevant research and methodologies in related fields of study.
- May lead teams or team projects.
- Travel: 5-15%
Primary Work Location USA CA – San Diego
February 7, 2019
Technical Writer 3
Design and implement work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, and departmental SOPs as required. Contribute to work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, style guides/templates, and department SOPs.
Develop, design, and control instructional and informational tools needed to assure safe, appropriate, and effective use of science and technology, intellectual property, and manufactured products and services. Combine multimedia knowledge and strong communication skills with technical expertise to educate across the entire spectrum of users’ abilities, technical experience, and visual and auditory capabilities.
Act as Document Owner for documentation Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and route documents through the document change control process. Support other Document Owners by documenting changes, including all necessary supporting justifications for changes and compiling accurate and complete documentation packages. Contribute to work instructions, area guidelines, knowledge base topics, style guides/templates, and department SOPs. With direction, work closely with other technical writers and stakeholders to develop and produce documents. Assist in the development and revision of documents, following established style and format guidelines. Proofread and review documents.
Attend project/core team meetings as required.
Create new documentation (Package inserts and/or operator manuals) and improve existing documentation.
Initiate, edit, review and approve document changes.
Revise existing documentation by working with stakeholders, partners, or distributors to facilitate revision, review, and approval of documentation.
Identify and implement document changes to maintain consistency across productlines/processes.
Lead collaborative review sessions.
Coordinate the collaborative review process and establish review and edit cycles.
Assist core team members and project team leads in the developing documentation timelines and deliverables.
Coordinate the transition of documentation through development, pilot and production phases as appropriate.
For ERs/CAPAs, conduct investigations, provide solutions, implement changes, and write technical reports as required.
Through Technical Training, maintain and expand knowledge of manufacturing processes, assays, instrumentation, and software as it applies to documentation.
Manage multiple documentation projects at a time.
Prioritize deliverables and manage “expedites”.
Coordinate final production of documents with print vendors as required.
Information Design and Development: work with translation vendors in managing translation development and procurement process.
Quality Control: As required, assign document change responsibilities and provide training and assistance to EDMS users.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Project & Time Management Skills
- Intermediate Technical Writing Theory & Practices
- Design Theory
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Communication Skills, Detail Orientation, Organizational Skills, Learning, Teamwork
- Advanced proficiency in FrameMaker and Word.
- Proficiency in Madcap Flare is a plus.
Typically requires BA or BS.
- 5-8 years related experience.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.
February 1, 2019
Technical Writer at PatientClick, Inc
(Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, $15-22/hour)
The Technical Writer will be responsible for writing the online help and user documentation for our products. This position requires strong technical writing skills and the ability to think like both a developer and an end user.
As a member of the team, you will interface with developers, QA teams, and sales managers to identify critical documentation needs and create engaging, accurate content. The technical writer’s responsibilities range from editing UI text to writing reference docs to creating in-depth tutorials. Depending on the candidate’s interests and qualifications, the job may include training program creation, product development specifications, and tutorial video work.
- Write well-tested, task-based end user documentation such as reference articles, getting started guides, and feature tutorials.
- Write and edit UI text and context-sensitive help within the software.
- Work with the engineering and QA teams to test and document new features.
- Provide UX feedback during the development cycle. Serve on Development Teams and write specifications for new features.
- Create internal resources about features or processes.
- Edit documents for accuracy and style and ensure all publication standards are met by following established procedures.
- Effectively manage your time across several projects and tasks.
- Additional duties as assigned. .
- 4-year college degree, science, engineering, math, or writing degrees preferred. Or, significant work experience in software technical writing.
- Minimum 2 years of full time work experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and/or wiki syntax.
- Familiarity with Video recording tools such as Camtesia or similar product to create training video
- Familiarity with Technical Writing techniques
- Must be able to write for a diverse user base with varying levels of technical experience.
- A logical, problem-solving mind.
- Excellent procedural analysis; ability to create concise, task-based user documentation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to rapidly learn a complex and wide-ranging program.
How to Apply
- Please put your name and “Technical Writer from STC-San Diego” in the subject line.
- Please answer following questions in the email.
- How many years of Technical Writing experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in San Diego, CA?
- Send with your resume to Sachi McDonald, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
January 24, 2019
Sr. Technical Writer at Marqeta
Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and ecommerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry – it’s very exciting around here these days. As a testament to the company we’ve collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work. So take a look at our current career opportunities, introduce yourself and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team – we adore meeting top talent!
If you are a skilled communicator with a passion for making complex topics more approachable, we’re looking for you! As a Senior Technical Writer on the Information Development team, you will partner with teams across Marqeta to develop technical user guides, references, and application user assistance for business users and developers on the Marqeta platform. You’ll also work with team members to establish style guidelines and recommend usability improvements that enhance the overall experience of our website and technical resources. Join our innovative, collaborative team, and help us define the next generation of technical documentation at Marqeta.
- Write clear, concise, and informative documentation to educate customers, partners, and prospects on Marqeta’s features and functionality.
- Evaluate documentation tasks, analyze audience needs, and draft updates to customer-facing documentation.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other team members to collect source information, obtain technical reviews, and test functionality, as necessary.
- Participate in team initiatives to establish style and process guidelines, provide input into tool and usability decisions, and contribute occasionally to internal documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, computer science, English, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Ability to write effective technical content for business and developer audiences. Familiarity with API documentation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with various authoring, CMS, and task management tools. Confluence and JIRA preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, learn new skills quickly, and balance multiple projects.
- Knowledge of technical writing standards and familiarity with common style guides.
- Experience in Fintech, Banking, or Payments preferred.
- Be a member of an exceptional team – we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans – Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings – 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!
To apply for this position:
and fill out the application form below the description.
January 10, 2019
Job Title: Proposal Manager
San Diego, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
The State and Local Government Organization of Perspecta is seeking a Proposal Manager in San Diego, California.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team delivering IT enterprise solutions projects to the County of San Diego across multiple departments and business groups.
The person in this role will support the CoSD Program Management Office as well as business development with preparing and presenting estimates for various IT projects for the County of San Diego.
A Proposal Manager’s core duty is to ensure that the all of the company’s proposals are fully executed from start to finish.
- Coordinating the proposal process, preparing the actual proposals and presenting them to clients.?
- Work on tight deadlines, and have to delegate tasks required to complete a proposal, such as writing, editing and other efforts associated with the process.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals
- Must demonstrate superior critical thinking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- Apply all of the skills listed to support the requirements of the PMO organization of the CoSD account. This includes managing workload, communicating status, responding appropriately to ad hoc requests for services and information related to project activities, applying formal project management discipline.
- Project management experience
- Ability to create and review project requirements to allow timely, high-quality delivery
- Experience developing project plans
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ability to estimate resources needed to achieve implementation success and ongoing support goals
- Experience providing performance feedback
- Experience obtaining task status
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven IT technical background and ability to understand complex IT solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a time critical
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals