Have an opening to share? Contact us with the details!
Note: Openings before 2018 have been deleted.
January 10, 2019
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
The State and Local Government Organization of Perspecta is seeking a Proposal Manager in San Diego, California.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team delivering IT enterprise solutions projects to the County of San Diego across multiple departments and business groups.
The person in this role will support the CoSD Program Management Office as well as business development with preparing and presenting estimates for various IT projects for the County of San Diego.
A Proposal Manager’s core duty is to ensure that the all of the company’s proposals are fully executed from start to finish.
- Coordinating the proposal process, preparing the actual proposals and presenting them to clients.?
- Work on tight deadlines, and have to delegate tasks required to complete a proposal, such as writing, editing and other efforts associated with the process.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals
- Must demonstrate superior critical thinking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- Apply all of the skills listed to support the requirements of the PMO organization of the CoSD account. This includes managing workload, communicating status, responding appropriately to ad hoc requests for services and information related to project activities, applying formal project management discipline.
- Project management experience
- Ability to create and review project requirements to allow timely, high-quality delivery
- Experience developing project plans
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ability to estimate resources needed to achieve implementation success and ongoing support goals
- Experience providing performance feedback
- Experience obtaining task status
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven IT technical background and ability to understand complex IT solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a time critical
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting proposals
October 19, 2018
Sr. Technical Writer
TAD PGS, INC. is currently seeking a Technical Writer for our client, SAIC, in San Diego, CA.
**Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Please click on this link if you have any questions on how to obtain a clearance https://news.clearancejobs.com/2016/06/12/obtain-security-clearance/
**Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Contact: Si Nguyen, Engineering Recruiter, 657-230-3967
Summary: The main function of a technical writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office products, to include Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- demonstrated experience with Navy test plans, Operational Risk Management (ORM), and other planning documents.
- Have experience writing at-sea test plans and procedures.
- Have at least 5 years program support experience with program technical documents, program processes, and configuration.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Have experience with standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Have experience with Photoshop, Framemaker, Adobe PRO and other graphics programs.
- Have a current DoD “Secret” security clearance or ability to gain one.
October 16, 2018
Senior Technical Writer
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
The primary function of this position is to design, write, and update online help, user and service documentation, and support web pages for our sequencing solutions portfolio. You will work alongside Research & Development, Customer Solutions, and Marketing.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you are a highly productive writer and a quick learner. You have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information enable you to pick up and apply new technologies, science, and standards rapidly and well.
You are dedicated to adding value, and understand the connection between product content, customer experience, and business success. Being part of a hard-working team that aspires to be the best in the industry engages your enthusiasm and commitment. You seek out opportunities to improve tools, deliverables, and processes, and show good judgment about when and how to drive change. Global thinking, consideration of downstream implications, and attention to sustainable infrastructure are part of your normal approach.
- Work with Research & Development, Customer Solutions, and Marketing to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, physicians, and patients.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, observing users, and consulting with technical support.
- Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Release finished documentation to Document Control, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern standards for technical writing, online help, content technology, and user experience. Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards. Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
- Propose technical improvements to authoring tools and work with technical leads to evaluate and implement.
- Initiate and drive projects to improve customer experience, efficiency, and sensible cost avoidance. Support similar initiatives driven by others on the team.
- Five to eight years of experience as a technical writer, preferably in industry (software, hardware, biotech).
- This position relies on effective engagement with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information. Over time, your knowledge of the interdependencies between products enables you to see opportunities that others have missed.
- The job requires strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our technical writers independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions while also functioning as collaborative team members. Influencing across boundaries, finding win-win solutions, and responding to obstacles creatively and resourcefully are key characteristics.
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of technical writing, content management, and reuse is essential.
- Expert in MadCap Flare (or similar), Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt (or similar), Microsoft Office, and web authoring tools and languages. Knowledge of localization management, Adobe Experience Manager, Confluence, and scripting languages is a plus.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Scientific knowledge is a plus.
- A degree in the life sciences is not necessary, but it is necessary to learn how to use the products, understand the science at a moderate level, and write appropriately for multiple audience levels.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
August 1, 2018
Independent Software Consultant Needed
An independent consultant is needed to make an initial analysis to help a San Diego company determine which authoring/publishing tool is the best for its needs. At the present time the company is using FrameMaker v11. The company is considering MadCap Flare or another tool that might better meet its needs. Interested persons can send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 1, 2018
Technical Writer (ideally with a mortgage or banking background)
Position Summary and Overview:
- Provides leadership in ensuring perspective policies and procedures are properly vetted, documented and approved in accordance with the change management procedures
- Acts as liaison between Consumer Lending leadership and key business units. providing instruction and direction regarding changes to systems
- Administers and provides oversight and direction in administration of on line policy and procedure manuals and training
- Manages workflows and processes change notifications.
- Participates in cross functional project teams in support of business unit initiatives.
- Responsible for policy and process change oversight through an administration and governance process.
- Responsible for the comprehensive review and documentation of policy, process and procedure proposals within established framework.
- Manage the feedback from other operational teams for completing business case development for successful implementation including training for Operations processes.
- Manage resources to ensure completeness and timeliness of all required materials for submission to the appropriate policy, process and procedure SharePoint sites.
- Provide written summary of division policy, process and procedure changes to applicable business lines as well as support summary of policy related changes to the appropriate Committees.
- Provide interpretation guidance and recommendations related to published policies, process and procedures for Consumer Lending departments.
- Support and coordinate distribution of applicable policies, process and procedures obtain approval from compliance and/or legal as appropriate.
- Responsible for driving change management, implementation and training of ongoing policy, process and procedure enhancements.
- Maintain chronology of policy. process and procedure changes and ensure proper change control procedures are followed.
- Oversee the timely update and distribution of all new or revised policy, process and procedures via the online manuals relative to consumer and residential loan products.
Talent Manager – Technology
April 18, 2018
Contract Technical Writer (3-4 month contract, Vista)
Position Summary and Overview
Leica Biosystems in Vista, California is hiring an experienced Contract Technical Writer to support our Digital Pathology products. The expected duration is 3 to 4 months. Primary responsibility: work with Technical Publications team to author end-user manuals and help for upcoming hardware and software releases.
- Work with cross functional teams (Product Management & Development/Engineering) to define documentation requirements for each project.
- Analyze/use products and work with Subject Matter Experts, taking hands on approach to learning material required for publication.
- Author and Review/Update user manuals, help, and technical documentation for existing and new software and hardware projects.
- Follow established department standards for templates and style guidelines.
- Test documentation deliverables against product functionality.
- Minimum 5 years experience creating technical user manuals and online help.
- Experience in documentation of all stages of software application development, including specifications, use case, construction, and documentation of web-based applications.
- Experience documenting medical or consumer devices and related software.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign to author, edit, and publish user guides.
- Experience using RoboHelp to create online help.
- Experience using MadCap Flare to create single-source documents and help.
- Ability to use some graphics tools such as Snag-it and Adobe Photoshop for creation or maintenance of graphics.
- Proven communication skills with development and project teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be self-sufficient; able to work independently.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
February 20, 2018
Product Documentation Planner/Writer/Editor (3 month contract, Kearny Mesa, $25–$30/hr)
This person will coordinate and develop a software product documentation structure/classifying the product documentation across 6-7 product lines.
- Work with stakeholders to understand what documentation exists and what needs to be centralized.
- Must have enterprise software product familiarization – understanding the differences between white papers, API design, Reference design, documentation designs.
- Performs planning duties at all levels of complexity to coordinate software product documentation.
- Assists in coordinating and developing major new enterprise software product documentation, ensuring that documents are prepared on schedule and in accordance with requests for proposals from potential government and non-government customers.
- Assists in preparation of responses to requests for information and product line descriptions.
- Works closely with engineering and other organizations to accomplish tasks.
- Performs tasks following established quality standards and procedures.
- This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs desktop publishing duties to support development of technical and commercial documents assuring conformance to standards, accuracy and completeness
- Converts documents provided by customers in various software formats
- Proofreads original input and corrects errors before distributing to proposal team for review
- Plans details of spacing and layout for importing and placement of artwork, working with established procedures and formats
- Interfaces with technical writing, editing, graphics, proposal, engineering and other organizations to accomplish required tasks in time allotted
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of documents ensuring to ensure they completed in a timely manner and are in accordance with documentation requirements and quality standards
- Assists in compiling information requirements from all participating departments
- Participates in reviewing and editing of documents
- Maintains productive relationships with business areas and associated engineering personnel to ensure efficient document development efforts
- Coordinates with the Corporate Reproduction department in support of preparation and production activities
- Coordinates the creation of proposal covers and spines with the Graphic Artist
- Serves as ISO Quality Record coordinator and participates in ISO 9001 quality audits
- Manages archiving of hard copy and electronic files
- Performs special projects as required
Minimum Job Requirements
- Four year degree, plus four years of product documentation, desktop publishing / word processing experience in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with applicable desktop publishing/graphic arts software programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have excellent writing, organizational, and analyzing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and work extended hours required to meet schedules.
- Must be able to work well under critical deadlines.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
February 15, 2018
Instructional Designer, 92108, Rose IT
Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards. Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success. Coaches peers. Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement. Experience Level: 3-6 Years. Skill Set: Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience. Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development. Technical Writing. Oral and Written Communication. Teamwork and Collaboration. Must have experience in web-based training, storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design. Must have excellent technical writing skills (however, not in lieu of training development skills)
Top Daily Responsibilities
- Develop training solutions using prescribed tools according to process, quality, budget, and milestone standards.
- Provides input to Instructional Designer/Developer Leads (IDDL) regarding process and continuous quality improvement
- Identifies and raises issues/risks to ensure project success.
- Coaches peers.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have
- Learning Training and Curriculum Design and Management experience
- Computer Based Training (CBT) Design & Development
- Technical Writing
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Oral and Written Communication
- Web-based training
- Storyboard design, and Instructor-led training design
February 13, 2018
Contract (6 months) Kearny Mesa (potential hire)
- 5+ years technical writing
- Electronics and connectivity background
- Experience with writing technical manuals and implementation directions
- RF Products
Insight Global is looking for a Technical Writer for a project in Kearny Mesa. This role will be largely focused in creating user manuals and guides for various different software and hardware products. This company designs and supports products for a variety of outside clients and specializes in the IoT market. This candidate would be expected to be relatively technical. Someone coming from a radio frequency candidate would be the ideal candidate, but this is not a requirement. If this sounds like you, please apply!!
February 1, 2018
Contract (6 months) Rancho Bernardo
Looking for writers with flight, aviation experience, particularly with unmanned aerial vehicles. Salary Range will be an hourly rate of $25-$35.
Meme Ealy (email@example.com)