Here is a list of conferences that may be of interest to technical communicators.
If you know about other conferences that can assist technical writers and instructional designers, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will review your submission for inclusion on this list.
- LavaCon 2019 USA – October 27-30, 2019 – Portland, OR
LavaCon is a gathering place for content strategists, documentation managers, and other UX professionals. The 17th annual conference focuses on how to unify content from silos across the enterprise, leverage new immersive technologies, and create stellar content experiences.
However, LavaCon is more than just a conference. It’s a gathering place where practicing industry professionals share their best practices and lessons learned, network with peers, and build professional relationships that will last for years to come.
- AMWA Medical Writing & Communication Conference, November 6-9, San Diego, CA
A three-day national conference focused on medical, regulatory and scientific communications.
- An Event Apart – December 9-11, 2019 – San Francisco, CA
A three-day conference with 17 sessions and intense focus on digital design, UX, content, code, and more.
- Write the Docs, May 3-5, 2020, Portland, OR
A conference focused on all things related to software documentation.
- STC Summit, May 15-18, 2020, Hyatt Regency, Bellevue, WA
STC’s annual conference. This year’s theme is Career Vision 20/10.