STC San Diego offers networking and career development opportunities to help tech comm job seekers.
- Chapter Meetings: STC San Diego meetings include programs and networking opportunities. These programs support continued career development and feature speakers with industry knowledge. Our Events Calendar is a great way to check out our programs. Attend our chapter meetings to network and tap into the hidden job market. Join us! Network, learn, and have fun!
- Resume Review: Try our free resume and LinkedIn profile review service.
- Job Seeker Tips: Read these job seeker tips as well as these tips and tricks to help you find your tech comm job.
- Job Boards: These job boards and company websites can help you get started.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a great place to search for tech comm job postings. Follow your connections, favorite thought leaders, and favorite STC chapters to see the largest number of postings.
- Slack: STC San Diego reposts tech comm jobs on our Slack workspace.
- Twitter: (@STCSoCal) You can use the hashtags #Techcomm and #jobs in your search to find possible job openings.
- Occupational Outlook: The Occupational Outlook Handbook describes what technical writers do, the pay, job outlook, and how to become one.
- STC Salary Database: Check out the most current STC Salary Database to find out what you are worth in today’s market.
- If you decide to freelance, make sure you:
- Recruiting Agencies: Consider contacting an employment agency that caters to technical communicators. Please see the disclaimer below for additional guidance.
- Career Evaluation Test: Take a Career Evaluation Test to find out what type of technical communicator job best meets your personality characteristics.
Employment Information Disclaimer
All information contained within these pages was prepared by the San Diego Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC). Neither STC San Diego, STC, nor any of their members, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed as a result of this effort. Reference to any specific STC member, agency, company, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by STC or any representative thereof. The views or opinions of authors expressed herein reflect their individual views. The ultimate responsibility for any decision made using the information provided in these documents rests with the reader. These web pages are for your convenience. Furthermore, they do not guarantee job placement. Use the information you find here to help you with your research. We have done our best to ensure that the information on these pages is complete and accurate.