- Chapter Meetings – Regularly attend our chapter meetings to connect with your peers and tap into the hidden job market. Many attendees have gained insights into the profession and have found employment by regularly attending chapter meetings.
- Resume Review – Try our free resume and LinkedIn profile review service!
- Job Hunting Tips – Read these job hunting tips on how to find your dream job.
- Job Boards – Selected job listings related to Technical Communication may be highlighted in one or more of the following resource areas:
- Occupational Outlook – Check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook, which describes what technical writers do, the pay, job outlook, and how to become one.
- STC Salary Database – Check out the most current STC Salary Database to find out what you are worth in today’s market.
- Recruiting Agencies – If you need more help, contact an employment agency that caters to technical communicators. Please see the disclaimer below for additional guidance.
- Career Evaluation Test – Take a Career Evaluation Test to find out what type of technical communicator job best meets your personality characteristics.
Employment Information Disclaimer
All information contained within these pages was prepared by the San Diego Chapter (STC-SD) of the Society for Technical Communication (STC). Neither STC-SD, STC, nor any of their members, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed as a result of this effort. Reference to any specific STC member, agency, company, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by STC or any representative thereof. The views or opinions of authors expressed herein reflect their individual views. The ultimate responsibility for any decision made using the information provided in these documents rests with the reader. These web pages are for your convenience. Furthermore, they do not guarantee job placement. Use the information you find here to help you with your research. We have done our best to ensure that the information on these pages is complete and accurate.